In the summer of 2016, Harrow Beijing ran a very successful inaugural summer programme. it was wonderful to see the students growing in confidence and their ability to use English, becoming good team players, work hard towards school expectations, and performing a show in front of their parent audience at the end of the programme. Many of the students from the summer programme are now continuing to flourish as Harrow students this year.
In their classes, young students learnt Phase 1 and Phase 2 Phonics, basic Maths when immersed in English and followed a Harrow Beijing school topic in reading and writing; while older students worked hard on their productive skills in English through group discussion, debating, in class practice and project work. It was gratifying to see all the students who went through the Summer School were able to learn English with Harrow Beijing teachers and experience an authentic Harrow Beijing education.
In 2017, we will integrate physical development into the curriculum and continue to offer a unique Harrow experience with a focus on English. As many of you know, sports are much valued in International education, especially in British and American education. Young people grow socially, emotionally and physically through sports activities. This reflects Harrow Beijing’s philosophy of developing the whole child through holistic education. All of the sports classes will be instructed by qualified English speaking coaches so the students will be immersed in English while developing all the skills with professional coaches! Come and join us for an exciting summer!
- The purposes of the summer programme
- Who is the summer school for?
- Dates and tuition fees
- Our teachers
- Our curriculum
- Our facilities
- How to apply
- Help students improve their language competency, tailored for different age groups.
- Help students to understand Harrow Beijing’s expectations and what makes a good student in international schools.
- Provide an authentic British School learning experience to students.
- Help students to grow socially, emotionally and physically through a well-designed curriculum.
- Students from local schools who would like to have a taste of international education.
- Students from other international schools who would like to experience British education.
- Students who are preparing for their future study at international schools.
- Students who wants to improve their English proficiency.
- Students who are interested in sports and would like to improve their skills through sports activities.
- If you are from the following age group (by July 24th 2017), you are eligible to apply 6-8 years old or 9-11 years old or 12-14 years old.
- July 24th to August 4th (Monday to Friday for two weeks)
- Time: 9:00-16:00
- Tuition Fees: RMB 15,500 per person for day students (lunch and material included)
*accident insurance is required for all students prior to joining the summer programme
- There will be a maximum of 15 students in each class. Classes registered with fewer than 5 students will be cancelled.
HBJ delivers high quality education through our respected teachers. All of the teachers who will be teaching at the Summer School are professional and qualified Harrow School Beijing teachers. They are qualified international school teachers as well as qualified EAL teachers. Many of them have Masters in the field of EAL. These teachers can not only help students improve their English, they also can help students understand international schools and their expectations. Students will find out what learning behaviours can help them to become good students in international schools.
- Fill in the registration form and medical form and send it to Harrowsaturdays@harrowbeijing.cn or contact Saturday School at 64448900-6851
- Book a placement test with Saturday School if the applicant is not currently studying at Saturday School (test fee is RMB 300)
- If the applicant meets the summer school entry criteria, they will receive an offer letter. Applicants are expected to pay a deposit of RMB 5000 five working days upon receiving the offer letter and the full tuition fee by May 31st 2017 to secure a place.
- Application deadline: May 31st 2017.
Enrolment is on a first come first served basis. If a class is full before the
application deadline, no more applications will be accepted.