Work with Us
As a member of the Harrow family, Harrow Beijing has been in operation for over 17 years and is a vibrant and exciting place to work nestled in the capital city of China. As such it is a great place to either begin or develop your career.
We have a very close relationship with our founding school in London, in particular with the idea of providing an educational programme which combines the very best of a holistic education with high academic achievement.
Working at Harrow Beijing is an extraordinary and rewarding experience. We encourage you to join us!
We offer expat teachers:
- Highly competitive salary based on experience plus an annual bonus of 10% of annual salary subject to appraisal
- Allowances for leadership positions
- Annual salary increment until reaching the top of the scale
- School on-site apartment or housing allowance provided
- Global health insurance coverage for teachers and eligible dependents
- Relocation allowances at the beginning and end of employment with the school
- Annual flight allowance for teachers and eligible dependents
- 100% remission on tuition fees for up to two dependent children attending the School. 50% remission starting from the third child
- For teaching couples (both teaching at Harrow Beijing) 100% remission on tuition fees for up to three dependent children attending the school. 50% remission starting from the fourth child
- Chinese public holidays plus a schedule of summer and winter school holidays fully paid
- Full coverage on cost of all working visas, dependents’ resident visas, medical checks, non-criminal checks, and work permits plus full support with visa applications
The benefits of living and working in Beijing
Beijing, the capital city of China, is a modern and dynamic international metropolis with more than 3,000 years of history and a bustling population of around 20 million individuals.
Beijing is recognised as one of the most famous historical and cultural cities in the world with a large number of World Cultural Heritage sites to visit. Beijing, however, is not only known for splendid historical sites such as the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace, but also for having held the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics and the 2022 Winter Olympics as a part of which the National Stadium (Bird’s Nest) and the National Aquatics Centre (Water Cube) were built.
With a wealth of wonderful attractions, places to eat and drink, art galleries and the sports facilities, Beijing is a terrific city to live in. The inclusive culture and diversity have become a characteristic of modern Beijing. Not only is it a safe place to live but Beijing is also a great location to experience modern and ancient cultures living hand in hand.
Continuing Professional Development is a vital component of our work at Harrow Beijing. We aim to embody our principle of leadership in education through the development of the leadership capacities of staff in all departments and roles.
We seek to be a true learning community, supporting not only our students but also our staff to be reflective, collecting feedback that helps us accurately identify the strengths we can share and build on, and the areas we can develop further. All this is done collaboratively so that we learn as a community.
Learning walks and peer observations lead to coaching conversations about areas to ‘think about’ to secure even stronger learning. Outstanding practice is shared through a regular CPD programme as well as the opportunity to join focus groups to work on the teaching and learning needs of the school.
Colleagues in our Admin and Support Teacher teams enjoy dedicated training budgets which are used to secure high-quality opportunities that are tailored to the challenges of their roles. Whenever possible academic and admin staff share learning opportunities as we build a single, strong, learning community.
All staff have access to the AISL Academy online platform which contains a range of professional development opportunities aimed at developing skills in teaching and learning, understanding what it is to work at a Harrow school, safeguarding, leadership and management, operations and human resources.
Our dedicated coaching team is able to provide effective support for trainee teachers, early career teachers and also experienced and aspiring leaders.