Harrow ‘450’ Scholarships
In 2022, Harrow School London celebrates the incredible landmark of reaching its 450th anniversary having been founded under Royal Charter by Queen Elizabeth I in 1572. As part of these celebrations, we are launching a brand new ‘450 Scholarship’ programme, offering opportunities for outstanding external applicants in either All-Round Academic, Performing Arts, or Sports categories. These scholarships will be available for any student seeking to join Harrow Beijing in Year 2 and above and applications are open now!
While the prestige of a scholarship in itself is something that can bring motivation and pride to a student, it can also be extremely valuable as part of future college/university applications and personal statements. Further, all successful external 450 Scholarship awards will have an associated financial award of up to a 60% discount on Harrow Beijing tuition fees. While reviewed annually by the academic team to ensure high standards are being maintained, the scholarship and financial discount will remain in place for the duration of a student’s time at the school.
All-Round Academic – Students who have either a broad set of outstanding grades, or a specifically strong engagement with a specific subject are welcome to apply. We would expect the applicant to be passionate about their studies and be able to perform well during an interview with our senior academic staff.
Performing Arts – Those who are particularly skilled within the field of Drama (including LAMDA) or Music are welcome to apply for this scholarship. We would expect a minimal level of attainment prior to application (more information can be found in the Eligibility section below) and the student should engage with their field both inside and outside of school.
Sports – Students who excel in one of more specific sports are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. We expect that applicants are actively engaged with their sport(s) both inside and outside of school, and are likely to represent their sport at either school, regional or national level, and/or to have been successful in competitions. It is likely that we may ask for specific information related to achievements on a case-by-case basis (i.e. a golf handicap, or personal best times).
Excellent A Level Results 2022
A* – A
A* – B
University Destinations in Recent Years
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
- University College London
- University of the Arts London
- Durham University
- University of Warwick
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- New York University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Southern California
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Sydney
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Korea University
- Seoul National University
- Yonsei University
- Kyoto University
- Waseda University
- Applicants should submit the Harrow Beijing ‘450 Scholarship’ application form which can be found below and submit the document along with their application to the school. The form may be submitted in the document upload section of the OpenApply portal or by email to email@example.com. Where requested, please also submit supporting documents, files or videos at the same time.
- Applications are open throughout the academic year, although those submitted prior to December of each year for entry the following academic year are most likely to be successful.
- Filtering will take place after receipt of the application, with successful students being called forward for the next stage of the process.
- Eligible for entry into Year 2 or above.
- Not currently enrolled at Harrow Beijing.
- Harrow Beijing is a day school and does not offer boarding/residential accommodation. As such, all non-Chinese students must be accompanied in Beijing by a parent who has an official work visa and residence permit.
- For all international applicants, in order to confirm eligibility to study in China, we will require the official Chinese visa number from the parent’s passport.
- Performing Arts students should have a minimum Grade 6 LAMDA qualification (or equivalent) or a minimum Grade 6 ABRSM qualification (or equivalent).
- Sports applicants will need a solid sporting ability in their chosen sport(s) and a dedicated commitment towards and participation in sports/clubs/programmes both inside and outside of school. Additional eligibility is likely to vary from sport to sport, and applicants may be contacted for more details (i.e. personal best times, golf handicap etc) if necessary.
- We will use a range of Cognitive Ability Testing (CAT) suites to identify the suitability of All-Round Academic candidates, as well as asking students to undertake a written piece of work.
- Performing Arts (Drama/LAMDA) applicants will be required to undertake an audition in the form of a prepared dramatic scene (which should be filmed in advance of the application), as well as from an unseen text on the day of interview. Music applicants would undertake an audition which would involve playing a solo piece and undertaking musicianship assessments.
- Those applying for a Sports Scholarship will be asked for a practical assessment video (which should be filmed in advance of the application) and will also undergo a trial (based on the application sport where applicable) and fitness tests.
- All applicants should possess sufficient English language ability in order to fully access Harrow Beijing’s curriculum content.
- Additionally, all students should demonstrate a knowledge of, and dedication to, the Harrow Beijing ethos. Evidence of examples of previous experience in leadership roles, positions of responsibility or commitment to service activities will boost any application.
- An outstanding attendance record from the applicants’ current school will be required.
- All applicants will be asked to submit prior academic records, references and to take part in an interview with senior staff.